Wednesday, March 15, 2006

New tides

There has been some new intereset in having Seaside in Dolphin, so we can try to arrange developers and resources to complete the port once and forever (and maintain it forever also ;-) ).



What we need:

  1. A Wiki or some similar collaboration space

  2. A communication medium

  3. A way of automating the conversion of monticello packages to Dolphin PACs

  4. Check the if the Dolphin VM supports everything needed to run the continuations of Seaside2

  5. Developers :-) (few but with criteria)



Notes about reqs above:


  1. This weblog isn't enough, IMHO

  2. May be comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

  3. This way we can add third party add ons to Seaside without having to rewrite a possible exporter from Squeak

  4. Continuations was implemented having Seaside1 in mind, I have some problems in the current port, returning to expired or across processes, this is the big shadow that should be cleared, if possible implementing a regression test.


So feel free to post comments here if you want to collaborate with resources or as developer.



Keep the Dolphin swimming.

3 Comments:

At 6:09 am, Blogger Rob said...

Hi Esteban,

I guess that I'm one of the people ranting about Seaside and Dolphin, so it is only fair that I offer to help.

I'm a pretty inexperienced Smalltalker with a busy schedule; but I'm happy to do what I can.

 
At 9:22 am, Blogger Rob said...

I've just realised that I didn't leave an e-mail address that you can demand help from. Here it is in encrypted form.

rob at robertlally dot com.

I'll leave you to decode it.

 
At 11:33 am, Blogger Andreas Brodbeck said...

Hi Esteban

As noted in the newsgroup, too:

I could offer our companies account of basecamphq as a project collaboration tool. There are messages, todolists, writeboards (kind of wiki), milestones, files, ...

As a collaboration tool it's really neat to work with (done by 37signals.com, well, not with seaside, but still, with ruby on rails...). For a feature list see www.basecamphq.com

Every person interested in contributing will get an account.

My email address:

andreas . brodbeck (at) mindclue . ch

I can not claim, that I am an _experienced_ Smalltalker, but an experienced programmer who loves Smalltalk and really wants to dive into that world and leave behind the boring world...

I am fairly well in organizing and coordinating stuff, if that will do any help.

I would love to be a part of that project, be it just as a host...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site analysis