There has been some new intereset in having Seaside in Dolphin, so we can try to arrange developers and resources to complete the port once and forever (and maintain it forever also ;-) ).
What we need:
- A Wiki or some similar collaboration space
- A communication medium
- A way of automating the conversion of monticello packages to Dolphin PACs
- Check the if the Dolphin VM supports everything needed to run the continuations of Seaside2
- Developers :-) (few but with criteria)
Notes about reqs above:
- This weblog isn't enough, IMHO
- May be comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
- This way we can add third party add ons to Seaside without having to rewrite a possible exporter from Squeak
- Continuations was implemented having Seaside1 in mind, I have some problems in the current port, returning to expired or across processes, this is the big shadow that should be cleared, if possible implementing a regression test.
So feel free to post comments here if you want to collaborate with resources or as developer.
Keep the Dolphin swimming.